Since 2006 H. Medellín has been working as full time lecturer and researcher in Mechanical Engineering at Universidad Autonóma de San Luis Potosí, Mexico. During this time, he has made several research internships abroad, published more than 150 research papers, graduated more than 20 postgraduate students, conducted several research and industrial projects, and founded the Advanced Design and Manufacturing Laboratory. He is member of the National System of Researchers (SNI) in México, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), and the Mexican Society of Mechanical Engineering (SOMIM).
Research, experience and knowledge in the
- Mechanical and Machine Design.
- Structural Analysis.
- Advanced Manufacturing systems.
- Haptic-enabled Virtual Reality Systems for Engineering, Medicine and Education.
- Metal forming analysis and simulation.
- Additive manufacturing and Reverse Engineering.
- Design of prosthesis and implants.
- Human Biomechanics.
- Human Gait Analyisis.
- Virtual Surgery.
- Robotics and mechanisms.